Disability benefits, offered through MetLife, protect one of your most important assets — your income.
As a regular full-time or part-time management employee, you’re generally eligible for coverage on your date of hire. Review the Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) or contact HR Connection at 1-214-519-8633 or 8290276 or at HRConnection.email@example.com for details.
If you experience an illness or injury, contact your manager on your first day of absence. Absences not reported within 60 days will not be paid.
Coverage and Costs
The disability plans available to you are:
- Short-Term Disability (STD); and
- Long-Term Disability (LTD).
STD provides benefits if you are disabled and cannot work due to illness or injury. If you exhaust your benefits under STD, you may be eligible for LTD benefits.
- STD: STD coverage pays benefits for up to 26 weeks, beginning on the eighth calendar day of absence due to a certified disability.
- If you have less than 15 years of recognized years of service, you’ll receive the first 13 weeks of the STD benefit at 90 percent of base pay and the remaining 13 weeks at 70 percent of base pay.
- If you have 15 or more years of recognized years of service, you’ll receive 26 weeks at 90 percent of base pay.
- LTD: LTD coverage pays benefits after you have received STD benefits for 26 consecutive weeks. The LTD Plan pays benefits equal to 60 percent of LTD-eligible pay. Benefits are paid in combination with other sources of disability income. If you become eligible for LTD, you will receive additional information from MetLife and the Nokia Benefits Resource Center.
Coverage is provided automatically by the company at no cost to you. Enrollment is not required.