All employees have access to a commuter benefits program through WageWorks, Nokia’s commuter services provider, which allows the use of before-tax earnings to pay for public transit — including train, subway, bus, ferry and eligible vanpool — and qualified parking as part of your daily commute to work.
How Much You Can Contribute
You can contribute up to a maximum of $265 per month for public transit expenses and $265 per month for qualified parking expenses, for a total of $530 per month on a before-tax basis. Any additional cost (up to a total maximum of $800 per month each for transit and parking) will be deducted on an after-tax basis.
How It Works
You decide how much you want to contribute up to the allowed monthly limit. Any before-tax funds are withdrawn from your paycheck for deposit to your account before taxes are deducted. You can pause or cancel contributions to your account at any time. You manage your account via a secure website on any computer or mobile device that’s connected to the Internet or via the WageWorks EZ Receipts® mobile app.
- You make your elections online directly through the WageWorks website.
- You will be able to choose from a number of different transit pass and parking options (e.g., Premium TransitChek MetroCard, Visa Commuter Card, etc.).
- Transit passes and parking cards will be delivered directly to your home address.
- Changes can be made at any time. As long as changes are submitted by the 10th of the month, they will be effective on the first of the following month.
- You can make one-time orders or set your order as recurring monthly.
How to Enroll
- Visit the WageWorks website or call 1-877-WageWorks (1-877-924-3967), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Time (ET)
- To register, simply select the LOG IN/REGISTER box in the upper right-hand corner of the WageWorks website. You will then select “Employee Registration.” When asked for your ID Code in the self-identification registration process, please use the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Once you’ve completed your WageWorks profile, follow these steps to complete your enrollment:
- From the Welcome page, click on the “Enroll in Commuter” or “Place Your Order“ link.
- Step through the process to place your order.
- An order confirmation email will be sent after the order is placed.
If you have any questions, please visit the WageWorks website or call 1-877-WageWorks (1-877-924-3967).